Award recognizes UHS’ impact and commitment to delivering a culture of Service Excellence, employee career growth and dedication to delivering high-quality healthcare.
King of Prussia, PA (January 29, 2024) — Universal Health Services (NYSE: UHS) announced today that it has been recognized as one of America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity 2024 by Newsweek and Plant-A Insights Group. This survey of over 220,000 individuals included representation at over 1.5 million companies in America.
“UHS is pleased to receive this acknowledgement spotlighting our rich employee base that brings a wide range of expertise, talents and backgrounds,” said Marc D. Miller, President and CEO, UHS. “What our employees have in common is their passion for our mission. Whether care providers at the front line or supporting those who are, we all are committed to providing high-quality, compassionate care to the patients we are privileged to serve.”
“Diversity is a widely discussed topic and it remains a crucial factor as people look for an employer or a business partner," said Nancy Cooper, Global Editor in Chief, Newsweek. "Newsweek and market-data research firm Plant-A Insights are proud to introduce America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity 2024 highlighting companies that are committed to offering diverse and inclusive work environment.”
The methodology for America's Greatest Workplaces for Diversity 2024 is based on a five-part evaluation:
- The first was a pre-study survey that interviewed HR professionals to identify current and future employee satisfaction drivers.
- The second phase was the main employee survey, which interviewed employees to review employers they were familiar with. The independent study is based on more than 220,000 interviews and more than 1.5 million company reviews collected in 2022 and 2023. During the survey, we collected demographic information from respondents, which we then used to weigh responses from diverse target groups.
- The third phase was an elaborate desk research project in which we collected more than 20 diversity KPIs (e.g., diversity ratio, diversity reviews and information from social media platforms).
- In the fourth phase, we applied a media monitoring project, reviewing all published press of the past 24 months (12/9/2021 – 12/10/2023) of all recognized companies to identify potential legal disputes around the workplace.
- The fifth step was the validation step. We calculated an individual company diversity score based on our scoring model. The best companies in the tiers of 5,000+ employees and 1,000 to 4,999 employees have been recognized as "America's Greatest Workplaces for Diversity 2024."
About Universal Health Services
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since our inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, our annual revenues during 2022 were approximately $13.4 billion. In 2023, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #311 on the Fortune 500; and ranked #434 among U.S. companies on Forbes Global 2000 World’s Largest Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was upon the Company’s founding in 1979, enabling us to provide compassionate care to our patients and their loved ones. Our strategy includes building or acquiring high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, investing in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and becoming the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has approximately 94,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 27 inpatient acute care hospitals, 331 inpatient behavioral health facilities, nearly 40 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 39 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. It acts as the advisor to Universal Health Realty Income Trust, a real estate investment trust (NYSE:UHT).