Independence Physician Management (IPM), a subsidiary of UHS, was formed in 2012 as the physician services unit of UHS. IPM develops and manages multi-specialty physician networks and urgent care clinics which align with UHS acute care and behavioral health facilities. IPM operates in 13 markets across seven states and the District of Columbia. Our leadership team, practitioners, and teams of healthcare professionals are collectively dedicated to improving the health and wellness of people in the communities we serve.
Independence Physician Management offers practice management and managed services to help physicians better manage their practices so they can concentrate on caring for their patients.
We help physician practices by providing expertise, leadership and oversight of their operations. This includes:
- Providing expertise to support physician management and alignment models
- Providing leadership to physician practices relative to industry trends and changing business models
- Providing oversight for efficient operations to ensure quality care at a reasonable cost
- Positioning organizations to navigate the changing healthcare environment
- Deploying technologies that enhance patient access and experience
We provide managed services to help physician practices run their day-to-day operations, including:
- Audit services
- Revenue cycle management
- Consulting and project work
- Human resources
- Staffing assistance
- Information systems and technology